If you are interested in becoming a Member of the Junior Friends of the Library please email Elizabeth Tarvin at:
Or stop in to speak to Miss Karen, our YA Librarian.
Junior Friends of
the Goshen Public Library
& Historical Society
Statement of Purpose
The Junior Friends of the Goshen Public Library and Historical society (hereinafter referred to as Junior Friends)shall support and further the activities of the Goshen Public Library and Historical Society (herein referred to as Library)and The Friends of the Goshen Public Library and Historical Society by:
- Raising money to assist in the development, promotion, and completion of library services, materials, equipment, facilities and programs.
- Encouraging volunteers to assist library staff.
- Working in cooperation with the Library Director and the libraryboard of trustees, in support of the library.
- Increasing public awareness and stimulating the use of the library’sresources.
- Collecting and preserving manuscripts, maps, photographs andother materials and artifacts to be shared with the public in order to promote the study of the history of Goshen, NY.
Article I. Meetings
- Meetings will be held as necessary, approximately once every month.
- Members present shall constitute a quorum at any meeting of the Junior Friends.
- Generally, Robert’s Rules will be followed.
Article II. Officers
Section 1 : Officers :
The officers of the Junior Friends shall be President, VicePresident, Secretary and Treasurer.
Section 2: Election and Term:
A simple majority of members present shall elect officers
for a one year term.
Section 3: Duties:
President: Shall preside at all meetings of the Junior Friends.
The President shall be an exofficio member of all committees.
VicePresident:In absence of the President, the Vicepresent shall carry out the duties of that office.
Secretary:Shall keep accurate minutes of the meetings of the membership; shall maintain custody of all official records; and shall keep a complete list of the membership.
Treasurer:Shall have custody of all funds, be in charge of the accounts and make all required financial reports on behalf of the Junior Friends, including a financial statement at every meeting and an annual report to Members.
Section 4: Adult Advisor:
The Adult Advisor to the Junior Friends shall be appointed by the President of the Friends of the Goshen Public Library and Historical Society.
Article III. Membership
Membership in Junior Friends begins with the completion of the membership form.
Membership shall continue until the member withdraws.
Article IV. Funds and Liability
All funds shall be deposited to the account of the Junior Friends of the Goshen Public Library and shall be dispersed and signed by the Adult Advisor, acting on behalf of the membership.
No personal or financial liability shall in any event be attached to any member of the Junior Friends in connection with any of its undertakings.
No part of the funds from the Junior Friends shall benefit any individual member of the Junior Friends, except that the Junior Friends may pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes of the Junior Friends.
Article V. Dissolution
Upon dissolution of this organization, its assets remaining after payment or provision for payment, of all debts and liabilities shall be transferred to the Goshen Public Library and Historical Society. None of the assets shall be divided or distributed to the members of the Junior Friends.
Article VI. Amending the Bylaws
These bylaws may be amended, with thirty days’ prior written notice to the membership, at any meeting of the Friends, by majority vote of the members present.